Terms and Conditions
(Please read the following carefully, there will be no exceptions)
The New York State Department and the New York State Department of Financial Services have set mandatory attendance policies for all classes Leap Edu offers. Each course requires a specific amount of hours, sections, and modules to be fulfilled. Students must fulfill these necessary requirements to receive full credit. If these specific hours, sections, and modules are not attended, the students will not be permitted to take school exams and/or will not be eligible for a completion certificate.
For classes approved by NYS Department of State for continuing education, including the NYS 75 Hour Real Estate Salesperson class, all instructors hold a Licensed Real Estate Instructor license issued by New York State Department of State.
Students must begin the course within the terms of their chosen payment package. Failure to start the course within the terms of the chosen payment package will result in an extension fee of $100 for Leap Package enrolled students or $50 for Leap Plus package enrolled students. The extension will begin from the current cycle up to the next consecutive session. Failure to start within the current or next consecutive session will result in forfeiture of all fees paid.
Leap EDU follows the rules and regulations of attendance monitoring mandated by the New York State Department of State. .
Instructors take attendance at the start of class and after any scheduled breaks. For any live distance education sessions (any class being offered remotely), all students must have a camera and microphone, along with a strong internet connection. Students must activate their cameras and microphones during attendance and whenever prompted by the instructor. Students failing to activate their cameras and microphones during attendance and when prompted by the instructor will lose credit for the class session. Virtual classrooms automatically time-stamped all entries and exits from the classroom.
Students arriving late or leaving early 20 minutes or more to an individual course or a module within a course will not receive credit for the course or the module.
Students taking an unauthorized break (beyond designated break times) for 20 minutes or more during a course or module within a course will not receive credit for the course or module. Students automatically removed from a live-distance course session for not responding to the Presence Manager will lose credit for the class.
If lateness, leaving early, and unauthorized breaks add up to more than 20 minutes during an individual course or module within a course, the student will not receive credit for the course or module.
The same principles apply for each day of a multi-day course. Students losing credit for one day of a multi-day course will not receive credit for the entire course.
Students missing more than two modules of the NY State 75 Hour Real Estate Salesperson course will not be eligible to take the school exam, nor be eligible for a completion certificate.
No exceptions will be made, as exceptions will violate the rules and regulations mandated by New York State Department of State.
No refunds or school credit will be issued for any course that a student was denied credit due to lateness, unauthorized breaks, removal from a virtual classroom for not responding to Presence Manager, or removal from a virtual or in-person classroom due to poor conduct.
Students must complete a minimum 18 out of the 20 modules within the deadline terms of the payment package purchased, and receive a passing grade (65% or better) on the school exam.
Students must complete a minimum 18 out of the 20 course modules. Students must complete an Attendance Log attesting to their attendance to all modules on the dates indicated on the form and submit to Administration at least 48 hours prior to their exam appointment. Failure to submit the attendance log will result in denial of admission to the exam appointment and a forfeiture of an exam attempt. All forfeited exam attempts will detract from the exam attempts according to the terms of the student’s chosen payment package.
A passing grade of 65% on the school exam is required.
Students are provided with exam attempts according to the terms of their chosen payment packages.
Maximum four (4) attempts are permitted for all payment packages.
Students who fail the school exam on their fourth (4) try will be required to repeat all twenty (20) Real Estate Salesperson modules. If a student is within their completion deadline of their chosen payment package, they will be allowed to repeat classes without incurring any fees. If a student has passed their completion deadlines according to the terms of their chosen payment package, they must enroll in the course again and pay all fees associated with enrollment packages. No credits will be issued for any optional purchased products / included products of payment packages (textbooks, ebooks, interactive flash cards, exam prep guides, etc.) from the previous enrollment.
Students enrolled in either package must pass the school exam or use all their exam attempts for the school exam within one calendar year after completion of the course. Any student who has not passed the school exam within one calendar year after completion will lose credit for the course. No refunds or school credits will be issued for any student who failed all school exam attempts or did not utilize all the allotted school exam attempts within one calendar year after completion of the course.
Leap EDU retains the right to cancel or postpone any scheduled module session and/or cycle prior to the start date without explanation or warning. In the rare event that this occurs, students will be given the option to receive a full refund (minus the cost of textbooks/ebooks issued) or school credit for the full amount (minus the cost of textbooks/ebooks issued).
- If Leap Edu, Inc. cancels a module session:
- Leap Package enrolled students will be given the option to complete that particular module session the next time it is scheduled within the next two consecutive cycles at no additional cost.
- Leap Plus enrolled students will have their completion deadline extended to the next consecutive cycle ONLY IF that particular module is not scheduled until outside the completion deadline of their payment package.
- If Leap Edu, Inc. cancels a module session:
Students must contact the school in writing of their intent to withdraw.. Failure to notify in writing shall result in no refunds issued.
- Student Withdrawal PRIOR:
- to attending any sessions
- to the start date deadline expiration terms of their chosen payment packages:
- Leap Package enrolled students shall receive all monies paid for enrollment minus a 15% cancellation fee of the payment package cost.
- Leap Plus Package enrolled students will refund all monies paid minus the cost of any ebooks or textbooks issued, interactive flash cards, Exam Prep Guides issued, and a 15% cancellation fee.
- Student Withdrawal Period AFTER
- Starting classes
- Leap Package enrolled students who wish to withdraw after the first two sessions attended or before five (5) consecutive lapsed module sessions during the cycle the student first attended (whichever occurs first) must contact Leap EDU in writing. Students shall receive a 50% refund of the enrollment cost. No refunds issued after a student attends four or more module sessions or after the completion of five (5) lapsed module sessions during the cycle the student first attended (whichever occurs first)
- Leap Plus enrolled students who wish to withdraw after the first five consecutive sessions attended or before two consecutive lapsed module cycles (whichever occurs first) must contact Leap EDU in writing. Students shall receive a full refund minus the cost of any ebooks or textbooks issued, interactive flash cards, Exam Prep Guides issued, and a 25% cancellation fee. No refunds issued after a student attends six or more module sessions or after the completion of two consecutive lapsed module cycles since enrollment (whichever occurs first).
- Start date deadline expirations of their chosen payment packages:
- No Refunds Issued for any student who fails to begin classes after their start date deadlines have expired and any purchased deadline extension have expired.
- Starting classes
Other Products Purchased in addition to the Leap Package / Issued with the inclusion of Leap Plus Package:
- Ebooks are not refundable once redeemed. Ebooks have a one year use deadline
- Textbooks are not refunded once issued.
- Interactive Flash Cards are not refundable
- Exam Prep Guides are not refundable
- Student Withdrawal PRIOR:
Leap EDU Cancellation:
Leap EDU retains the right to cancel or postpone any course prior to the start date without explanation or warning. In the rare event that this occurs, students will be given the option to receive a full refund (minus the cost of textbooks/ebooks issued) or school credit for the full amount. If Leap Edu, Inc. cancels a course cycle , Leap Edu, Inc. will provide the student with the option to transfer the monies to the next available class session (either the next available or the next available session with similar schedules). This option is only available up to 60 days after purchase. Any student who has purchased a course but has not attended within 60 days of purchase will not receive a full refund in the event the school cancels classes. Students may transfer into the next available session
Student Cancellation PRIOR to the Start of Class: Students enrolled in any course must contact the school in writing of their intent to withdraw. Failure to notify the school the school in writing will result in no refunds issued. Leap EDU will refund all monies paid minus the cost of any textbook or ebook issued and minus a 15% cancellation fee.
Student Withdrawal AFTER the start of class and NO SHOWS:
No Refunds Issued to students who withdraw after the start of the course or No Show for their scheduled session. School credit can be issued but must be requested in writing. See policies on school credit below.
- All Refund Requests must be requested in writing. Email email@example.com for a refund request. Include your full name, contact information, and your order number pertaining to the purchased course you are requesting a refund.
- All refunds may take up to 7 – 10 business days to be approved.
- All refund requests are subject to be denied if all eligibility requirements have not been met.
- All Credit Card refunds must be refunded to its original card it was purchased on.
- Any cash refunds will be distributed in the form of a Company Check.
- School credit may only be applied to the same course of a later date.
- School credit will have an expiration date of 1 year from the date issued.
- School credit may not be transferred to another student.
School Completion Certiﬁcates are issued only when:
- Administration has determined all attendance criteria has been met
- all necessary documents are completed by students and returned to Administration,
- all financial obligations have been met.
- The student has passed the school exam with a 65% or better within the deadline terms of their payment packages and the school exam deadlines.
Completion Certificates for the NYS 75 Hour Real Estate Salesperson course shall be issued in person only. A pick-up appointment is required. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. Completion Certificates will not be mailed. Original certificate reprints are a $10.00 fee and require a pick-up appointment.
Completion Certificates for Continuing Education shall be issued 7-10 business days after course completion date and shall be issued by email on record for the student.
Physical textbooks require an appointment to pick up in person at our Rockville Centre location. Leap Plus Package students who choose the complimentary physical textbook option with their payment package will be contacted by Leap Administration to schedule an appointment. Students purchasing the physical textbook separately will be contacted by Administration to schedule an appointment.
Students who purchase the ebook separately and Leap Plus Package students who choose the ebook option will receive an email from Administration with a redemption code and instructions on redeeming the ebook through our third party vendor.
Ebooks have a one (1) year use policy that begins on the date of redemption.
Leap EDU staff, moderators, and instructors reserve the right to remove any student not responding to the instructor when prompted to participate; disrupting the classroom (whether in-person or virtual); and/or engaging in poor conduct towards the instructor or another student. See the student manual for student code of conduct.
Leap EDU works with several area brokerages familiar with our school and our graduates. After passing the school exam, students may request contact information for local brokers. We will do our best to provide you with contacts within the NYC, Nassau & Suffolk regions. It is the student’s responsibility to schedule an interview with any of the brokers we provided contact. Successful job placement is not guaranteed.
School documents are owned by Leap Edu. Students are to refrain from copying & distributing class documents including information from textbooks, tests, quizzes, homework, diagrams or any other documents given to the student by the instructors. Students caught distributing school documents or information from textbooks will be disciplined up to dismissal from Leap Edu. Any student caught cheating by copying another student’s or students’, caught providing answers to students during testing, or any form of cheating will be disciplined up to dismissal from Leap Edu. Copyright Infringement Summary of Civil and Criminal Penalties for Violation of Federal Copyright Laws Copyright infringement is the act of exercising, without permission or legal authority, one or more of the exclusive rights granted to the copyright owner under section 106 of the Copyright Act (Title 17 of the United States Code). These rights include the right to reproduce or distribute a copyrighted work. In the file-sharing context, downloading or uploading substantial parts of a copyrighted work without authority constitutes an infringement. Penalties for copyright infringement include civil and criminal penalties. In general, anyone found liable for civil copyright infringement may be ordered to pay either actual damages or “statutory” damages affixed at not less than $750 and not more than $30,000 per work infringed. For “willful” infringement, a court may award up to $150,000 per work infringed. A court can, in its discretion, also assess costs and attorneys’ fees. For details, see Title 17, United States Code, Sections 504, 505. Willful copyright infringement can also result in criminal penalties, including imprisonment of up to five years and fines of up to $250,000 per offense. For more information, please see the website of the U.S. Copyright Office at www.copyright.gov.
* The purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes. Multiple copies for classroom use may be produced provided the copies are not sold or distributed beyond classroom use and provided such duplication is specifically for direct educational purpose.
* The nature of the copyrighted work
* The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work
* The effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.
Leap Edu distributes materials informing the community about the appropriate use of copyrighted materials. This information is included in the student catalog, codes of conduct, in addition to e-mail and/or paper disclosures.
Any unauthorized distribution of copyrighted materials will be handled by the Director of Operations and a disciplinary hearing may be called.